A hotel in the centre of Madrid
The Moderno is a hotel in the centre of Madrid, on Puerta del Sol itself, situated at Calle Arenal 2, which is now pedestrianised (so there is no noise from traffic) just off Calle Mayor.
Next to the hotel, is the Spanish capital’s main shopping area, a place where you can enjoy the best shops and businesses on the famous streets of Preciados, Carmen, Arenal, etc.
Distances from the Hotel in the centre of Madrid:
- Plaza Mayor (square): 150 m, 2 minutes’ walk;
- Descalzas Reales Monastery: 300 m, 4 minutes’ walk;
- Palacio Real (Royal Palace): 500 m, 6 minutes’ walk;
- Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum: 1000 metres, 10 minutes’ walk;
- Cibeles Fountain: 1,100 metres, 12 minutes’ walk;
- Puerta de Alcalá (monument): 1,500 metres, 14 minutes’ walk;
- Prado Museum: 1,500 metres, 14 minutes’ walk;
- Reina Sofia Museum: 1,600 metres, 15 minutes’ walk;
- Retiro Park: 1,600 metres, 15 minutes’ walk;
- Atocha train station: 1,900 metres, 20 minutes’ walk;
- Estación Sur (South bus station): 3.8 km;
- Chamartín train station: 7.3 km;
- IFEMA Madrid Trade Show Centre: 11.1 km;
- Madrid Airport (Barajas): 15.7 km;
- Alcalá de Henares: 43 km.
How to get there from Madrid Airport (Barajas):
By metro and cercanías train
- Two stations connect Barajas airport with Madrid by metro (line 8): one situated in T2 (Metro Aeropuerto T1-T2-T3) and the other situated in T4 (Metro Aeropuerto T4).
- The journey to Madrid by metro and train is comfortable, convenient and fast, with a journey time of less than 20 minutes to Sol station.
- At Barajas you’ll have to take Line 8 (pink), as far as the stop Nuevos Ministerios. A Madrid Metro ticket is valid. There you’ll have to transfer to the RENFE CERCANÍAS service and take line C-3 or C-4. You’ll have to buy a new ticket, at a total cost of no more than €4.
- There are taxi ranks at all 4 terminals of the airport (T1, T2, T3 and T4), and in the arrivals area.
- From any terminal, the tariff is fixed at 30€ including luggage.
- Approximate journey time: 20 minutes.
By private transport
- To get to the parking, we suggest that you access it directly via Calle Mayor and drive to number 25. Alternatively, you can access it on Calle Atocha number 9, enter the tunnel and you will then reach the parking.
- See our website for directions to the hotel by exclusive transport. Fast, convenient and cheap. At the end of the booking process, you’ll be offered the possibility to book this service.